Foreign-owned U.S. Companies

There are a lot of reasons you may have started (or want to start) an LLC or corporation in the United States. U.S. companies sometimes receive better rates from payment processors, maybe you want to hold U.S. properties, or possibly U.S. consumers feel more comfortable doing business with U.S. based companies.  Regardless of the reason, we can help you comply with U.S. tax laws.

The below are a few of the forms we can help you with, we also offer consulting to help you figure out where to start:

Information Return of a 25% Foreign-Owned U.S. Corporation or a Foreign Corporation Engaged in a U.S. Trade or Business (Form 5472)

Form 5472

This form is needed by most U.S. companies with foreign owners. Even if you own an LLC that does not otherwise have to file a U.S. tax return you must file this form.

Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR, FinCen 114a)

FBAR, FinCen 114a

It is well known that U.S. citizens and residents must report foreign bank account to U.S. government. Somewhat less known is that for purposes of foreign bank account reporting your U.S. LLC or corporation is a U.S. person.

U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return (Form 1120)

Form 1120

If you have a U.S. corporation this form must be filed each year, even if the company has no activity.

Application for Employer Identification Number (Form SS-4)

Form SS-4

An employer identification number, or EIN, is necessary for any company to file a U.S. tax return, even if it does not have employees. We can help you obtain this number even if you do not have a Social Security Number (SSN).

Contact us now if you have any questions or to get started.